Sr Mechanical Chassis Systems
We are engaged with a global OEM company who has many years of success and experience designing and manufacturing innovative construction vehicles and equipment. Working on the next generation of products and systems within the Industry, this senior engineer will be a critical part of the product team.
Primary technical lead for engineering design related to chassis integration and unit design for all products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain chassis designs for the integration of products, ensuring all national and state regulations and performance criteria are met.
- Contribute to the training and educational needs of field team – both Sales and Service.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- Work with the production and test departments as needed, dealing with unique problems and issues related to design projects.
- Perform Engineering design work, from simple designing of brackets, fenders, etc; to more complicated weldments and major structural designs and complete systems.
- Assist Sales in estimating and design as it relates to new or specific requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 8 years of related work experience
- High level of analytical ability in engineering field, creative problem-solving approach.
- Experience in design of machines and weldments.
- 3D CAD skills, Solid Edge experience preferred.
- Machining, welding, and material selection experience.
- Hydraulic system experience ideal.
- Experience with truck and/or automotive chassis, drive train and electrical systems, ideal.
- Knowledge of national and international design codes; federal and state regulations, including the Department of Transportation, ideal.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.