Sr. Project/Process Engineer is responsible for activities within the engineering department. The engineering department exists to support the activities of process projects, R&D, site operations and process design. The engineer will work closely with the R&D and Process and Plant Engineers, plant operations and project management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create project Implementation Plans (IP) and manage timelines as defined in the IP through project completion, including but not limited to; P&ID’s, Bill of Materials, Control Narratives, Throughput Analysis, Design Calculations, Equipment Specifications, Design Layout, O&MR’s, permitting paperwork, contractors, assembly management and process validation, etc.
- Maintain timelines and goals to keep projects on track per specified timeline objectives.
- Report project progress on a monthly basis but may be required to give periodic updates.
- Update project file management system so all active project members are informed to current project status.
- Develop large scale models from research and small-scale experiments when results dictate the necessary actions.
- Keep current on process and engineering trends that have relevance to our operations and employ such technology when and where relevant, including but not limited to; hardware/software upgrades, regulations, favorable design, etc.
- A key directing member of all Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) activities surrounding projects and ongoing operations.
- Engineering duties including; drawing, calculating, designing and group interaction for project work and ongoing operation performance.
R&D Interface and Engineering
- Interface directly and continually with all lab personnel so that developmental concepts and process concerns relating to scale up and on-going quality are considered. Assist in implementing new process scale and general operations to the best outcome.
- Assist in experimentation projects in conjunction with the Director of R&D as needed.
- Assist in development of small-scale design for large scale feasibility when directed or necessary upon request of R&D team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Require-B.S. in an accredited engineering field. Chemical Engineering-Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 + years’ experience in industrial manufacturing.
- 5+ years of experience with management of large-scale projects cross functionally.
- 3+ years of experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) environments.
- Open to travel. (25% +).
- 3 + years of working knowledge of mechanical processes around controls (PLC).
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.