Sr. Sales Director
Are you a sales driver? Do you have a passion for data, technology and products? ARE YOU A HUNTER and KNOW THE CPG AND RETAIL SPACE? Can you sell into them an get a seat at the table? This could be the next role for you.
As a Sr. Enterprise Sales Director, you will work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to help bring to life their advertising, marketing, and pricing strategies through a rich portfolio of solutions and insights. This role will oversee building new relationships in a variety of markets and spaces. We're looking for a sales individual who brings both knowledge and CPG industry experience and who also understands the marketing and advertising world. Additionally, you will manage and maintain relationships with top tier clients as you expand sales within your book of business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continuing growth of large CPG customers
- Prospect and build new business in assigned territory through professional networking and lead generation
- Build strong relationships with clients and prospective clients by creating trust and confidence at multiple levels within and across key buying centers
- Uncover and develop client business needs based on the companies unique Point of View and set of comprehensive capabilities
- Articulate and demonstrate the value of our solutions individually and as a unique set of connected capabilities
- Lead the complete sales cycle from opportunity identification to contract negotiation and close across all product lines by working with clients, prospects, and account management and solution experts
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of enterprise software sales experience, selling into consumer products and retailers, in the functional areas of Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management, and/or Shopper/Consumer Insights
- Working knowledge of software applications and services designed for the retail and consumer goods industries is highly valued (e.g., Nielsen, IRI, NPD, Dunnhumby)
- Proven history of communicating, selling, and calling on C-Level Executives to demonstrate strategic insights and solutions that a platform can provide
- Innovative and results-oriented senior sales contributor with strong software/tech sales experience, preferably with SaaS exposure
- Proven experience as a sales ‘hunter’ and an ability to drive strategic sales cycles and close business
- Experience negotiating and renewing strategic/high revenue impact partnerships solo, including those that require deep sales and product integrations between companies
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills – Ability to speak fluently to senior executives, salespeople and product managers
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com and its use for updating accounts, opportunities, and deal stages
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.