Sr. Software Developer
Providing workers’ compensation expertise like no one else. Delivering service that keeps customers coming back. Keeping people safe and helping injured workers get their lives back. Being a partner. This is our clients mission each and every day. Learn why more than 25,000 employers choose our client for their workers’ compensation needs.
Candidates must be eligible for full time hire in the US, and be local to the Minneapolis/St. Paul market.
Under general direction, prepares and communicates detailed design specifications including database design schema, application structure and user interface layouts. Develops and creates efficient and effective solutions that meet user requirements. Designs, codes, tests and debugs programs which are in compliance with departmental programming standards and best practices. Participates in team-oriented development environment by keeping co-workers apprised on project status and collaborating to produce timely and high quality solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Teamwork is a must, therefore additional responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
- Prepares and communicates detailed design specifications, including database design schema, application structure, and user interface layouts. Interviews customers and studies appropriate reference materials. Makes use of prototypes and storyboarding to demonstrate more complex designs.
- Develops solutions that meet user requirements while being easy to use. Creates solutions that are efficient and effective.
- Architects, codes, tests and debugs programs which are efficient, adequately documented, and in compliance with pertinent Information Services programming standards and guidelines. Produces timely work and of high quality.
- Participates in team-oriented development environment. Keeps co-workers updated on project status that they are dependent upon. Works with other co-workers to produce timely high-quality solutions.
- Prepares and communicates plans to implement new applications in live system environment, in coordination with customers.
- Provides training to customers in coordination with technical specialists from the Business Services team. Works with the Communications team to provide documentation for the Intranet where appropriate.
- Collaborates with customers to develop and justify new project requests.
- Communicates effectively with the Software Development Leader on project status and new work assignments and maintains appropriate interactions with persons both within the organization and externally.
- Works with and mentors team members within areas of expertise.
Education and Experience:
- Computer science-related Bachelor’s degree; or an Associate’s degree in an IT/IS field, along with two years of industry experience is acceptable.
- Four plus years of professional software development experience.
- Two plus years of experience in one of the development tools SFM utilizes including C#, .NET, .NET 5.0, Entity Framework, WPF XAML, ASP.NET MVC and MS Visual Studio.
- Two plus years of experience in relational database programming – preferably Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience with Linux scripting a plus.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.