Sr. Software Engineer
This Senior Software Engineering role is perfect for someone interested in a fully-remote position, collaboration, and a great deal of autonomy!
This Senior Software Engineer will work on innovative solutions to improve the customer experience and own components of the architecture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years’ experience, or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Experience in developing applications based on Telephony Server Application Programming Interface (TSAPI) using C++
- Exposure to Telephony Application Programming Interface (TAPI) application development on windows platform
- Exposure to Cisco Finesse Application Programming Interface (API)
- 6+ years’ experience in application or integration software development
- Deep experience in Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) system development using C/C++, .NET (VB6 a plus). This includes understanding call-flows, Contact Center API systems and all required applications to complete the system.
- Deep experience on one or more of these APIs:
- Avaya: DMCC
- Unify ECMA-322
- Alcatel CSTA
- Experience using configuration management tools such as SVN and Git
- Experience with RabbitMQ and Consule
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.