Design, develop, and document software applications used in diagnostic and interventional cardiology devices. Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, development, implementation, and testing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply solid software design skills to develop and support medical devices to meet specific performance requirements and deliver on goals according to product development quality system. These activities include developing requirements specifications, design, implementation and testing of standalone desktop application software and embedded software algorithms or/and general Windows applications and GUIs.
- As a team member, contribute significantly to completion of various project activities, from definition, identifying software functional requirements, implementation, existing application support, code reviews, and final release according to medical device development processes.
- Work with internal and external technical contributors to gain a deep understanding of software architectures enabling effective development, system level debugging.
- Work closely with cross-functional team to ensure the software design meets the product requirements.
- Be creative and innovative in the product development process.
- Make, recommend or justify critical technical decisions in product design based on investigation, data and testing.
- Document and transfer developed solutions to manufacturing team for mass production and provide technical support and sustaining development in launch phase.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. or M.S (Preferred) in discipline such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of software engineering design and development
- 3+ years of new product development
- Solid history and reputation as an influencer and problem solver
- Experience with creating and managing requirements and translating them into effective architectures and software design with object-oriented design methodology.
- An understanding of requirements for, and experience in medical device development
- Excellent documentation skills (highly regulated development environment)
- Excellent .NET architecture, C#, C++,and Python knowledge
- Experience developing windows applications using .NET application architecture
- Development/Process Tools: MS Visual Studio, Jira, Git, Jama
- Operating Systems: Windows 10
- GUI development experience: WPF, Qt/QML, UWP
- Experience developing robust software applications that address Cyber Security concerns
- Software development through full product life-cycle
- Medical device development experience and IEC60601-1, IEC62304 and related IEC standard familiarity preferred.
- Experience working with distributed embedded devices preferred
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.