Sr. Software / Firmware Engineer
We're looking for a Sr. Software/Firmware engineer to join this R&D group. Engineer will collaborate with colleagues and healthcare professionals; design, develop, teach, plan, produce, research, and test life-changing devices. We are looking for a self-motivated person interested in a challenging, energizing, and rewarding career working in medical technology.
Successful candidate will be a part of the R&D group and collaborate with colleagues and healthcare professionals; design, develop, teach, plan, produce, research, and test life-changing devices. We are looking for a self-motivated person interested in a challenging, energizing, and rewarding career working in medical technology.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Apply solid firmware/software design skills to work on feasibility medical devices projects to meet specific performance and deliver goals according to technology development quality system, including design, implement and test firmware and embedded software to realize specific
algorithm or/and general application based on MCU, DSP or ARM system.
- As a team member, significantly contribute to completion of various project activities, including identifying software specification definition, identifying software development requirement, code reviews, firmware releasing, software reliability design and so on.
- Create and implement the software/firmware test plans/protocols and generate test reports to ensure software/firmware design meets the specifications and quality system requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional team
- Make, recommend, or justify critical technical decisions in technology design. The decision should be based on broad investigation and sufficient testing.
- Document and transfer technology solutions to development team for product implementation and provide technical support in development phase.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Electronic engineering, computer Science, computer engineering or similar major, and a BS or MS degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (preferably federally regulated software development)
- Proven firmware or embedded software development experience.
- Familiarity with firmware principles, theories, concepts, techniques and architecture.
- Knowledge and experience on digital signal processing algorithm
- Embedded system hardware knowledge and development environment familiarity.
- Proficient in embedded algorithm development.
- Strong coding skill using C and assembly language based on embedded system to realize specific algorithm.
- Prefer experience in creating simulation model in MATLAB to verify the algorithm.
- Experienced in embedded system design, testing and debugging and be familiar with embedded development environment.
- Strong experience emulators, JTag debugging skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows CE, XP, Embedded RTOS (e.g. Nucleus)
- GUI development experience
- Development Tools: MS Visual Studio 6.0/.NET
- Experience with distributed embedded systems
- Experience with formal (CMM or CMMI) development processes and related measurement activities.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures, configuration management tools (ex. PVCS, MS SourceSafe).
- Other programming languages such as .NET, XML, XSL, HTML and communication protocols (TCP/IP, UPnP, Web Services, SOAP)
- Experience with requirements management (Jama, Polarian), modeling tools (UML, etc), and knowledge of LABVIEW.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.