Supply Chain Director
Our client is a progressive organization driven by core values and powered by talented and engaged team members. They are proud of their reputation for delivering exceptional customer service and their extraordinary team of employees make it happen. With true transparency and passion, they have created a culture that not only has core values but operates by those values, putting people first. Our client is an industry leader in manufacturing building products, and they were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2021. They are headquartered in Minnesota with other locations in Arizona and Ohio.
Supply Chain Director will provide leadership and direction to foster the company’s growth through strategic supply chain practices. This position also oversees inventory at all divisions. This Director is apart of the leadership team and reports to the CEO.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain professional customer and vendor relationships.
- Perform continuous market and material analysis while securing best product pricing and quality.
- Oversee material and supply purchasing and logistics.
- Source and select vendors. Lead interaction with key vendors regarding the RFP process, contract negotiation and contract execution.
- Act as a resource in resolving customer and vendor concerns and complaints. Assist team members in troubleshooting unique or special orders.
- Manage import and export compliance.
- Set department inventory goals, targets, and strategies for achievement of optimum inventory levels, on-time deliveries and minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Oversee perpetual inventory systems for all divisions, including cycle counts to ensure the highest degree of accuracy throughout the year.
- Establish and ensure proper systems, procedures, internal controls, quality standards and metrics are in place for the department.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Supply Chain or related field required.
- 5 – 7 years of manufacturing supply chain or related experience required. APICS, CSCP, CPIM or ISM certification preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating contracts and terms of sale with vendors required.
- Experience with electronic purchasing/inventory systems required. Experience with ERP supply chain functions required.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, problem solving and decision-making in emotional, difficult, and stressful situations.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.