Supply Chain Manager
We are engaged with a client in Princeton, Minnesota that is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to support their national operation. They have a solid reputation for providing exceptional quality products and outstanding customer service. Their dealer-based company continues to grow with the commitment of their team, as they remain both innovative and comprehensive in their product base. If you like working in a true collaborative, cross functional culture this is a great opportunity.
This company is the preferred source for hardscape accessories across the country, for the past 30 years. They offer a broad range of hardscape supply solutions, including landscape fabrics, geogrids, adhesives, sealers and polymeric sands.
Headquartered in Princeton, Minnesota with distribution centers in New Jersey and Georgia, this family owned company boasts an exciting, fast-paced, hard-working culture that gives its team members the opportunity to apply a diversity of skills and be flexible with day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
Supply Chain Manager is responsible for procuring direct materials used in production at the lowest overall, total cost and highest quality while also managing inventory levels. Areas of responsibility include price negotiation and contracts, departments budget planning and inventory management. This position will work collaboratively with operations to meet customer demand while achieving operational goals by developing and maintaining agreements with vendors to ensure that all logistical details from forecast to payment are successfully executed. This individual along with their team will collaborate with planning, operations management, logistics, warehouse and production management, product managers, finance and quality functions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the Core Values of the organization
- Strong cross functional communicate
- Have a strong Sense of Urgency
- Managing all aspects of supply chain including purchasing and shipping as well as sourcing raw materials and production supplies.
- Responsible for material procurement and distribution of raw materials and finished goods to multiple warehouses.
- Ensures timely and accurate inbound / outbound logistics for plant materials and finished goods.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Reading and evaluating production schedules, inventory reports and work orders to determine the type, quantity and quality of materials required, available in stock and/or order priority.
- Continuously review inventory, production schedules and sales requirements to anticipate and prevent delays, and coordinate a recovery plan, if necessary.
- Monitors and maintains a level of on-hand inventory that represents an acceptable company standard at all warehouses.
- Implements and manage inventory strategies that achieve efficient inventory levels and turns
- Maintains minimums / maximums and safety stocks on all products, including bulk and construction, due to turns, trends and pricing.
- Create purchase orders, arrange shipping as required and receipt in purchase orders. Resolve any variances to SRW standards.
- Track & inform inbound shipments from suppliers to destination.
- Manage inventory control, inventory counts, and inventory inquiries/investigations through communication and preparation with various departments and process any required adjustments based on variances.
- Manages the timely procurement of materials and supplies to meet requirements through the evaluation and improvement of the ERP and MRP systems.
- Ensure accuracy of the system inputs and logic such as supplier scheduling, purchase orders, supplier maintenance, inventory transactions, cycle counting, bill of materials and item masters.
- Negotiates with freight forwarders for best price and service.
- Negotiates with vendors for best price and service.
- Analyze sales trends, inventory levels and purchasing trends.
- Analyze slow inventory annually to determine a corrective action.
- Resolve issues related to incoming freight, including customs clearance and paperwork.
- Maintains professional, productive, and positive business relationships with foreign and domestic vendors.
- Develop suppliers to ensure they can meet supply and quality requirements.
- Develop and implement comprehensive supplier quality scorecard / measurement process to ensure suppliers are meeting or exceeding expectations based on product availability, distribution channels, price, quality, reliability, selection, service and support.
- Evaluate material purchasing, inventory, billable and receiving processes and provides suggested improvements.
- Involvement with keeping our status as a compliant vendor.
- Work with Finance to create and maintain departmental budget and operates within approved budget.
- Works closely with R and D to source new materials for future and current products and projects.
- Participate in the implementation of new ERP system and become the subject matter expert for department.
- Document processes.
- Potential travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education:
- 5 + years of supply chain, inventory and/or job-related experience.
- 3+ years of experience with ERP systems from global supply chain view.
- 3 + years of experience with an MRP systems.
- Knowledge of material procurement best practices.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and easily adapt to changing demands.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office-Excel
- Detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and reporting skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.