Versique's Healthcare Leadership Search Practice seeks an experienced nursing leader within Surgical Services for our client to lead the continued growth of the department while developing a new and innovative pain management program...
The Surgery Manager will establish and implement direction for surgical/clinical services at the department level. Manager will manage fiscal and human resources; perform long range and strategic planning; set priorities; supervise clinical support and supervisory staff for 24 hour a day, seven days a week operations. Collaborate with medical staff, all departments and services within the organization to achieve the goals and objectives of the hospital and clinic. Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient surgery unit; preoperative unit; operating room; post-anesthesia care unit; sterile processing department; and anesthesia services.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of MN
- Have Current Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Certificate or be will to obtain within 12 months of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- ACLS certified or be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to direct, guide and instruct Nursing personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of nursing theories, practices
- Strong clinical skills, mentoring abilities, and a successful track record of management in a progressive environment.
- Ability to supervise, direct, motivate and evaluate nursing staff while providing safe, consistent and quality care to patients.
- Managerial problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to utilize verbal and written communication skills in order to address external and internal customers, including senior management and various other individuals
- Negotiate, instruct, supervise, persuade and influence people
- Analyze, evaluate, integrate, compile and compare data and information
- Formulate and develop policies and procedures
- Active listening, conflict management and team building
- Proficiency in planning, organizing, delegation and communicating departmental goals and work plans as they relate to the overall mission
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Minimum of two (2) years varied Surgery experience or perioperative nursing management experience with increasing level of management and/or leadership experience preferred
- Ensures patient safety by the presence of qualified personnel and appropriate use of technology.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance in accordance with job description of all personnel assigned. Monitors staff competency and continuing education participation.
- Plan, organize, and administer work in the Surgery, Pre-op, PACU, and Central Processing by establishing services, policies, and procedures in accordance with organization policies and standard practices of the profession, and within budget allowances to ensure that continuous, accurate, timely, and cost effective services are provided.
- Interpret organizational and departmental policies to staff, analyze and resolve worker and work related issues and initiate plans to motivate staff and achieve work goals.
- Assure that all staff are properly trained and oriented to the work environment and have the necessary equipment and supplies to perform their job to attain high quality results and a cohesive work environment.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a cost effective manner and that the appropriate input is given regarding department budgets and operations to ensure the cost effective utilization of the hospital’s financial resources. Evaluate, selects, and/or recommends equipment and supplies for purchase, lease or rental and supplies for purchase within budget allowances and/or group purchasing contract agreements to ensure adequate resources are available in performing quality health care services.
- Develop department’s budget and major expenditures for approval.
- Hires new associates, write annual performance evaluations for associates supervised, coach associates to improve work performance and provides high quality service.
- Attend monthly department head meetings, conducts monthly department meetings and in-services as needed and keeps minutes of those meetings to provide guidance and information to staff.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities throughout the organization to establish standards for a team approach. Maintain a current knowledge of essential functions and procedures in the In-patient Department to assist in patient care, performance improvement, and to support staff.
- Maintains management and clinical expertise through participation in appropriate educational and organizational activities in house and in the community.
- Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by quality service and positive staff attitudes.
- Delivers excellent customer service by exhibiting the organization's Standards of Performance.
- Assesses educational needs and proficiencies of staff and provides both formal and informal education to staff such as RNs, and student nurses.
- Responsible for proficiency testing, instruction, and documentation of satisfactory completion of orientation for new employees.
- Develops and organizes house wide educational programs with other Clinical Leadership and multidisciplinary teams.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the organization.
- Is knowledgeable of patient rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all patients in a safe, secure environment.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Confidentiality of all data, including patient, employee and operations data.
- Quality assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or patients regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, family members and guests.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED IN PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB
The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
- Various other equipment and supplies