The GP Systems Analyst is responsible for daily and monthly maintenance within GP, data integrity, security and information reporting. Position could also assist in extracting information from data tables for end users within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The GP System Analyst duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the selected VAR when needed.
- Take the lead role in new user set up, and terminated user deletion.
- Work closely with each department to ensure each department is adequately supported within the GP system.
- Maintain GP security and work with accounting and IT to develop new roles and tasks.
- Assist in data extraction and migration from Great Plains to our selected ERP package.
- Responsible for GP database backups and redundancies.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests and troubleshooting, communicating best GP practice.
- Define security roles and tasks and test to make sure that they are sufficient
- Research and recommend upgrades to the current RDMS to VP of IT.
- Continually seek to improve efficiencies within the organization and seek to provide best-in-class tools and processes for users and management.
- Troubleshoot issues related to the GP system and any of its interfaces and/or add-on’s.
- Exceptional skills in data analysis, communication and problem solving.
- Strong work ethic with high performance standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex system and data issues.
- Ability to combine strong analytical and technical skills with business skills to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years advanced knowledge of ERP systems such in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- 1+ years advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008 – 2016, including:
- Advanced function, stored procedures, and trigger development.
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS package design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience along with any of the following Microsoft certifications: MCSA BI, Database Development, Business Applications, or Dynamics 365.
- Exposure to Agile and/or ITIL methodologies.
- Strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.