Talent Acquisition Specialist
Our client, and engineering and construction leader, is adding a Talent Acquisition Specialist to their HR team! If you have a passion for full-cycle recruiting, a strategic mindset, and experience partnering with business leaders & HR partners, this is a role you need to consider!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for full cycle recruitment including sourcing, attracting, screening, interviewing and securing talent for the organization. You will work collaboratively with hiring managers and the HR team to develop recruitment strategies to ensure a diverse pool of candidates while building strong partnerships and effective processes for acquiring the needed talent. This role also takes on projects in other HR areas as needed.
- Source, develop and maintain diverse talent pipelines
- Use creative solutions to market and brand the Company
- Partner with senior leaders, hiring managers and Human Resources to develop annual staffing plans and workforce planning strategies
- Support and administer the recruitment process and lifecycle, including strategy meetings, job postings, resume review, interviews, assessments and offers
- Conduct initial screen of candidates and make recommendations.
- Coordinate interview schedules and prepare the interview team
- Administer and manage pre-employment assessments including motor vehicle, background checks and other programs as applicable
- Develop and implement recruitment event strategy for career fairs, conferences, diversity events and other opportunities
- Participate in on-campus college recruiting; maintain and continue to improve internship program
- Ensure all recruitment activity is complaint with Company AAP and efforts are tracked accordingly. Initiate outreach efforts in accordance with the Company’s AAP
- Partner with Human Resources to assist and further enhance new employee onboarding
- Maintain talent acquisition files
- Develop and compile Talent Acquisition reports and metrics
- Assist in maintaining employee information within various Company systems
- Provide insight on policies and practices
- Assess training needs and identify solutions to increase effectiveness in the recruitment and selection process
- Participate and lead broader HR projects to support the goals of the team and organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in full lifecycle recruiting in a professional setting recruiting at all levels of the organization – entry level to leadership
- Must possess, or can obtain by the time of hire, a valid state driver’s license
- Experience establishing partnerships and processes to advance the impact of the talent acquisition function
- Understanding of federal/state HR and employment laws as they relate to recruitment and selection
- Strong technical skills and experience leveraging technology in the recruitment process
- Demonstrated experience maintaining confidential information and using discretion
- HR Certification, such as PHR or SHRM-CP
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated with the ability to work independently and/or collaboratively.
- Ability to learn quickly, is comfortable navigating ambiguity and can easily adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, project/time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience using strong forward-thinking and pro-active approaches to work