Tax Analyst will be responsible for the sales and use tax for the company and will work collaboratively with all company finance departments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and reconcile period sales and purchase transactions to determine the correct tax liability
- Prepare and file state and local sales and use tax returns
- Research discrepancies and answer taxation questions at all levels
- Work with management and key stakeholders on special projects, audit defense, and process improvement
- Research, Review, audit, and develop taxation rules and best practices within our tax engine that comply with state and local regulations
- Unclaimed Property review and filing
Required Skills and Experience:
- Accounting Degree or other related degree
- Two or more years of Sales Tax experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and Sales Tax Regulations
- The ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Creative and organized problem-solving skills
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.