Our client's Tax Services team is primarily responsible for providing tax advice, tax planning, and tax return preparation. Service is a core component of their personal office approach and experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Technical review of tax returns
- Managing a growing client list
- Provide tax advice services to clients and advisors
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of a client’s situation and have a holistic understanding of a client's financial situation
- Work effectively across company teams to ensure tax strategies are aligned with the client’s financial objectives
- Handle federal, state, and local tax audits
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities
- Train and supervise staff, review and evaluate their work
Required Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university: Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or Investments/Actuarial/Mathematics
- CPA license preferred, EA designation also accepted
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting and tax
- Tax audit experience
- Deep understanding of Individual and Business taxation with a strong focus on high net worth individuals
- Strong technical skills and a detailed approach to the tax return review process
- Experience working in RIA space or directly with financial advisors
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Research proficiency
- Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in CCH Axcess, BNA Income Planner and MS Office
- Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals and businesses
- Entity Tax Consultation is a plus.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.