Territory Account Specialist
Be part of an exciting, employee owned specialty pharmacy to promote utilization of mail order prescription fulfillment & optimal customer service. Grow and expand pharmacy network resulting in enhanced market share and organizational success!
Manages Territory/Account Plans
- Grow sales and patient count for the organization.
- Leverage quarterly business reviews to complete market analysis and maintain ongoing sales plans for the territory. Develop and implement business plans to achieve organizational objectives to grow sales and profitability.
- Facilitate communication with individuals and organizations in the Healthcare industry in order to stay abreast of changes in regulations, industry practices, potential competition and business opportunities.
- Support development and implementation of programs to address new business growth opportunities.
- Monitor specialty sales reports, and other key performance indicators to adjust strategy and tactics as needed to achieve and grow profitability.
- Coordinate timelines, resources, and next steps with organization and Community Pharmacists to support them and their teams in growing clinic and provider relationships at all levels.
Builds Business-Relevant Relationships
- Promote Organization's Services by building relationships with Health Care Providers that includes but is not limited to Specialists, nurses, care managers, case managers, and other medical personnel from provider offices to increase new customer growth.
- Establish and maintain organization as the preferred Pharmacy provider (Specialty, Specialty at Retail, and Retail) for all patients, Providers, and others needing specialty and pharmacy services.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop and maintain strategy, content, and direction.
- Effectively network and leverage relationships with Industry and Pharmaceutical partners to drive results.
- Deliver presentations on organizational initiatives and lead discussions with groups of all sizes and types to enhance organization's Partnerships and implement programs that engage patients in programs supporting the organization's Outcomes platform.
- Ability to work independently and creatively to develop sales and marketing tactics for locally based groups and associations.
- Enhance own professional knowledge and skill level continuously to achieve goals and maximize organizational profitability.
- Ensure individual actions and business plans comply with applicable policies and procedures.
- Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or other in related fields; or equivalent related pharmacy experience.
- Experience that includes Pharmaceutical, Specialty Pharmacy, Managed Care, Biologics/Biotech, and/or Hospital sales or sales management.
- Related experience in one or more of the following disease states; Dermatology, Rheumatology, GI, Oncology, and/or Mental Health.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Represents the organization professionally at all times through service provided to all clients.
- Demonstrated ability to sell and negotiate with all business and healthcare personnel.
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with a vision and desire to achieve the organizations measurable goals.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking proficiency.
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to gain both an overview and a detailed understanding of complex customer and client operating systems. Requires good analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience with SalesForce or related CRM a plus.
- Ability to drive and travel a minimum of 3-4 days per week (company vehicle provided).
- Job will require occasional evening and weekend event attendance.