Test Systems Engineer
Join a growing team within a global manufacturing organization, where you'll have the opportunity to lead, manage projects, support R&D's new product development, and grow with the company!
This position has primary responsibility for managing and directing the development of test architecture, requirements, procedures, and associated designs for production test hardware and software for acceptance testing of our products. All test designs will be utilized by factory personnel in full production settings.
Interact with a variety of groups, including engineering, to define, document, analyze, interpret, and produce product test requirements. Lead or assist the test systems group in the development, component selection, or modification requirements to new or existing test equipment. Provide leadership and support for new product development and the transition of designs to manufacturing.
Identify equipment, product, or test problems and suggest resolutions. Provide assistance with the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. This position will also analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support of production management goals to assure on time delivery, operational efficiency, continuous improvement, optimal communications, and employee training.
- Lead the development of test architecture, requirements, procedures, and associated designs for production test hardware and software for acceptance testing of our products. Provide technical leadership in the development of test systems architecture for new product developments. Set up and configure test systems set-up, fixtures, and instrumentation as required by the test plans of the testing standards.
- Provide support for all continuous improvement efforts in operations geared towards cost reductions, increased reliability, and improved process capability.
- Coordinate with and provide information and technical support to all departments as appropriate and/or requested. May lead and direct the work of others. Provide regular feedback and work cooperatively with the engineering functions to improve product throughput and first-time yield performance.
- Generate test plan, procedures, and work instructions from design requirements.
- Maintain all data collection charts for monitoring the health of the production test systems and processes. Collect, catalog, and display all the data on a timely basis as required.
- Design test fixtures as required per design requirements, test plan, and test standards.
- Support new product introductions.
- Assist the implementation, modification, and maintenance of test equipment.
- Ensure processes maintain the highest standard of quality as products are produced on a daily basis.
- Provide electronic expertise for all test equipment.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related equivalent.
- 6-8 years of experience in a testing environment
- Exposure to electronics production environment.
- Strong development/scripting skills in common languages, with C++ highly desirable
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Excellent documentation skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Able to prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Provide leadership for technicians and other engineers and provide work direction for others.
- Strong intuitive skills regarding methods and processes required for assembling electronic components and modules.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.