Value Stream Manager
Looking for a culture that is truly innovative, nimble, and continuously improving? Where engineering, manufacturing and leadership constantly pushing the limits of innovation, design, and manufacturability to exceed customer’s expectations and be the market leaders in their Industry? My client, a local West Minneapolis manufacturer, offers creative and innovative products, a fast development cycle and custom solutions to their customers all over the globe. You might be surprised by the industry, but you will be wowed by the culture – collaborative, innovative, energetic, and creative!
The Value Stream Manager plans, directs and manages the production and maintenance of several manufacturing operations to ensure safe and efficient operations that meet customer requirements. This position reports to the VP of Operations and supports about 150+ employees.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build a supervisory team that will work collaboratively with cross functional teams including broader operations, engineering, product development, purchasing and scheduling.
- Daily advocate for lean philosophies and practices as well as developing lean leaders and team members.
- Work closely with the VP of Operations and other department heads on matters related to plant operations and interact formally and informally with production supervisors and other employees to achieve goals.
- Promotes employee involvement and fosters teamwork through effective communication and recognition to create an atmosphere of mutual trust and commitment to team goals.
- Develop a team strategy for consistently achieving a safe work environment, high quality, and on-time delivery (the perfect shipment).
- Proactively looks at capital needs.
- Analyzes manufacturing methods and processes in determining best solutions to problems, initiates needed changes to provide for continuous improvement.
- Identify and measure Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale and Environmental Impacts in metrics that are meaningful, show early detection of problems and that are actionable.
- Develop and track monthly budget and operational expenditures and plans to meet current and future capacity needs.
- Manage employee work schedules, support their training needs, and develop a high performing team.
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure standard work is documented and optimized.
- Ensure ISO and Lean practices are in place and sustained.
- Assists in setting aggressive performance targets and challenging teams to consistently meet or exceed such goals.
- Provide leadership and employee development.
- Manage performance through coaching and necessary corrective action.
- Ultimate responsibility for the work performed by direct report(s)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations, business management or equivalent level of experience.
- At least 10 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment that is both labor and equipment intensive. Metal fabrication environment ideal, experience with powder coat process a plus.
- Experience with establishing foundational processes and accountability measures.
- Lean Manufacturing tools and quality improvement concepts experience.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communications.
- Ability to assess priorities and act decisively on complex issues.
- Flexibility to changing business demands.
- Act with long-term perspective, accept responsibility, mobilize resources, plan, and organize and share information.
- Must be an excellent listener and be able to size up situations to resolve conflict and solve problems with both people and processes.
- Passionate about the pursuit of perfection
- People leadership experience required.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.