Our client's organization is a unique, robust model of care going beyond primary care services. Their model is tailored to patients living with multiple chronic conditions and disabilities. They recognize patients need a customized approach to care that is preventative, proactive and includes all members of the care team. Medical providers, nurses and social workers collaborate with patients’, other healthcare providers, and families.
This exciting company has locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Florida and uses a mobile clinic approach to provide care to patients within Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Group Home Facilities.
Employees are their most valuable asset. Success is only possible through the hard work and dedication of ever employee.
Successful candidate will join one of the Star Tribune's Top Workplaces and a Top Workplace USA for 2021!
The VP of Corporate Compliance will oversee the Company’s corporate compliance, enterprise risk management, and ethics programs to protect the organization’s credibility by maintaining safe and ethical business practices. The organization believes this position is important to the primary mission of ensuring continuity of the highest quality of patient care possible to the vulnerable elderly population that the organization serves. VP will work to identify areas of noncompliance using enterprise risk management strategies, and coordinate with management and staff to develop improvement plans. You will write, maintain, and catalog all corporate compliance policies and will focus on creating and maintaining a culture of compliance throughout the organization.
Hybrid role preferred but will consider a fully remote working arrangement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a subject matter expert and leader accountable for ethics, regulatory compliance and privacy. Consistently enforces standards of conduct, policy adherence and ethical relationships between the Company, its customers, members, contractors, suppliers and team members.
- Provides strategic direction on compliance and risk management strategies and issues through development of enterprise risk management.
- Provides oversight of corporate compliance, privacy and security, regulatory review and analysis, and internal audit programs.
- Creates and sustains a culture of compliance by thoroughly communicating and exemplifying ethical, reliable and resourceful decision-making and behaviors.
- Manages the Corporate Compliance Committee and applies a mindful and respectful approach to support change throughout the organization.
- Facilitates the annual regulatory risk assessment and compliance testing process.
- Establishes, tests, and improves the current system of compliance policies and procedures.
- Tracks and provides recommendations for remediation of identified exceptions or deficiencies in the Company’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Conducts employee and new hire compliance training.
- Supports and establishes new initiatives, where needed, and works towards protecting the Company from legal and regulatory risk.
- Quickly and collaboratively resolves compliance issues as they arise through investigation, research, and resolution. Engages internal stakeholders as necessary for awareness and transparency.
- Oversees Company programs to ensure laws, regulations, and internal policies are met.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of all compliance documentation.
- Keeps all policies up to date with current legislation and surrounding environment.
- Informs all levels of the Company about current and future compliance initiatives and requirements.
- Up to 20% local & national travel is required for this position.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, finance, business management or a related field
- Master’s degree and or juris doctorate is a plus.
- Five or more years of proven experience in a compliance leadership role within the healthcare industry.
- Ten or more years of professional employment with advancing levels of responsibility in compliance, risk management, finance, or healthcare.
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare regulatory compliance
- Advanced knowledge of legal requirements and procedures as they relate to compliance and risk assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive a culture of compliance throughout a high-growth organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Covid 19 vaccines must be up to date by date of hire. Accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons will be considered.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task, quickly change direction, prioritize under pressure
- Ability to work independently and work in a matrixed organization
- Strategic mindset with the ability to focus on the big picture
- Excellent customer service and time management skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to remain organized and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated compatibility with organization’s mission and operating philosophies
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.