The VP of Human Resources will report to the CEO and work closely with senior leadership as a member of the organization's Executive Team to develop and manage effective HR programs, practices, policies, and systems in all areas. The successful candidate will help build organizational human capital to match the ambitions of the company and will continually assess the suitability and effectiveness of programs and recommend changes as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops organization HR strategies by identifying and researching human resource challenges, opportunities, and best practices.
- Contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction, establishing human resources objectives and metrics in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities. These will include:
- talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, onboarding, compensation, benefits administration, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, grievance procedures, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Implementing and annually updating the organization’s compensation plan; compensation philosophy, conducting annual salary surveys and position benchmarking and recommendation for salary changes with budgetary impact.
- Develop and oversee a contemporary, effective, and efficient talent acquisition program meeting the staffing needs of the organization.
- Train, coach and confer with leaders regarding difficult employee relations issues.
- Develop and manage employee performance management system.
- Manage annual benefits renewal process with Brokers (determining what coverage we hold; pricing of employer/employee split; add or delete offerings, update materials, etc.)
- Ensure CARF and regulatory compliance in all HR processes and HR led training.
- Lead employee engagement including internal communications, annual engagement survey and action plan.
- Maintain all leave of absence requests, disability paperwork and FMLA documentation.
- Ensure organization responds to requests for separation information for employee unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Oversee (supervision/ management) of Sr. HR Generalist, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and HQ Office Administrator.
- Attend standing meetings as member of the organization's E-Team. Attend other standing meetings upon request.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration/management, organization development or related field.
- A minimum of 12-15 years of Human Resources Management experience with at least 8 in a Senior Leadership position managing HR in a fast-paced dynamic environment; preferably experience in a healthcare organization.
- Provide strategic expertise in the areas of Recruitment, Talent Acquisition and Retention.
- Experience in how to positively impact and enhance organizational efficiency, quality, performance improvement and throughput.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.