Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Our retained client is a well respected organization that works in a niche part within the agricultural industry. They have the reputation of solving problems that their competition won’t even touch. They are looking for a sales leader that can be responsible for both leading the team and managing their own territory.
The Vice President of Sales & Marketing will report to the CEO of the company and will be responsible for leading the sales and marketing teams and for ultimately closing business for the organization. He/She will also be responsible for building relationships with large key customers for current and future business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Close sales that lead to increased annual revenue for the company
- Support the sales team through coaching and mentoring
- Oversee the sales within your own geographic territory
- Build relationships with large key accounts on a national level
- Be comfortable both in the board room and in the fields
- Analyze the marketplace and identify market trends
- Recruit, train, and retain top talent as needed for the sales & marketing teams
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4-year degree required (technical degree and MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of sales leadership
- 10+ years of sales experience
- Experience selling a value-add product or service
- Proven track record of being able to close business
- High level of technical aptitude
- Ability to establish trust and respect with internal and external customers
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.