Our client is a growing, employee-owned company, dedicated to a philosophy of community banking with total company wide assets of nearly $3 billion We're seeking an experienced lender to expand their commercial lending business.
The VP, Commercial Lending is responsible for the development, origination, processing and service of all personal, professional, and commercial customers in the Lakeville area. Responsibilities includes developing and maintaining a profitable loan portfolio at a minimum and prudent risk level in conformance with guidelines set forth in the Bank’s loan policy guidelines and ensuring customer satisfaction by practicing excellent customer service techniques and standards. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong community involvement.
This position requires residency within the community it serves – specifically, residency within the Lakeville, MN community or within minimal distance outside Lakeville proper.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interview loan applicants, collect and analyze financial and related data to determine the general credit-worthiness of the prospective loan request. Screen credit applications and make credit decisions. Assist, as necessary, in the credit approval process.
- Establish and negotiate the terms under which credit will be extended.
- Advise customers, where possible, on business management and financial matters.
- Actively solicit through direct calls, new business prospects. Also, cross sell bank services.
- Develop and present material for loan request to the Officer Loan Committee and other credit committees.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Call directly on existing customers to solidify an on-going relationship.
- Meet with new and existing borrowers to review credit/deposit/investment needs and develop referral sources.
- Supervise preparation of loan underwriting, review and loan closing documents. Follow up on loan documentation and overall financial and repayment performance.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and take the necessary action to collect past due accounts.
- Coach staff personnel in preparing loan documents, correspondence, and customer follow-up.
- Join with other lenders in managing credit lines and assisting in review and approval process.
- Share in achieving Departmental and Bank goals specifically as they relate to credit quality and profitability.
- Participate in Bank staff meetings
Required Skills & Experience:
- This position requires a college degree and/or banking experience equivalent to fulfill the requirements of the position
- Three years of commercial banking experience is required – but 5 years or more is desired
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.