Our client is a world- leading provider of solutions known for its high-quality and environmentally responsible products.
The VP of Marketing will set the direction for the Marketing Department (including CCD & R&D) utilizing internal and external information including economic conditions, consumer trends, competitor analysis. The VP of Marketing along with the Leadership team will set short and long term goals and assess marketing capabilities. The VP of Marketing will participate in high-level meetings with key customers as well as industry decision makers and vendors which include ad agencies, PR firms, web design firms, package design firms and providers of marketing research. The VP of Marketing is the Marketing face of the company and will ensure the brand promise is being represented in the marketplace.
- Provides strategic and managerial oversight to Brand Marketing and Product Marketing teams accountable for B2B and B2C marketing and communications activities to ensure the collective marketing and company goals are supported and achieved
- Owns the brand and works to enhance its long-term value
- Provides managerial oversight for new product innovation to ensure a full and stable pipeline of consumer-centric ideas that build to desired sales and profitability including; ideation, marketing strategy, pricing, naming, messaging, programs, promotions and lifecycle management
- Adapts strategies based on the evolving marketplace, using customer and consumer insights and trends
- Sets current and long-term goals for internal Marketing, Category and Channel Management & R&D teams
- Prioritizes marketing, CCD and R&D projects and allocates resources accordingly
- Develops and manages the Marketing/CCD/R&D department budgets
- Actively participates as part of the Executive team in advising on strategies to build the business.
- Develops and maintains strong/positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including U Brands
- Directs the development of the Corporate Marketing Plan for the fiscal year to increase sales and profits.
- Directs the implementation of the strategic and tactical aspects of corporate marketing plan.
- Defines the corporate brand positioning and ensure it is consistently communicated both internally and externally. Develops marketing strategies for enhancing value of the brand
- Approves marketing initiatives.
- Creates and directs research plan in order to collect needed consumer input to guide the development of new products.
- Approves product development related to customer initiated new item requests
- Sets pricing guidelines in partnership with CCD and sales and in accordance with corporate and brand strategies
- Develops and manages the marketing budget
- Oversees the identification, development and implementation of consumer marketing best practices, processes and standards across the organization.
- Works with external counsel to effectively manage existing Intellectual Property rights and actively seek opportunities to obtain new Intellectual Property rights for competitive advantage.
- Master’s degree in business, emphasis in marketing and/or business strategy
- 15+ years in Marketing with increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior management position with responsibility for staff evaluation and development and annual planning and budget development.
- Consumer Products Company experience preferred as is previous exposure to Category Management
- Past company revenue of at least $300 MM