VP of Accounting & Reporting
Work 100% remote in this newly created Finance Leadership role with a publicly traded, fast growing company in the Saas industry!
A publicly traded SaaS company is looking for a VP of Accounting & Reporting to join their Finance team! The person in this newly created position, reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, will demonstrate a high level of executive presence, confidence, and the ability to build credibility and influence others through a “roll up your sleeves” work approach. You must also demonstrate unquestionable personal and professional integrity which aligns with the Company’s commitment to visionary leadership. The person in this role will possess the ability to create, develop and coach high performing teams and act as a strong collaborative partner across the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Corporate Controller function, the accounting operations teams, and financial reporting and technical accounting teams.
- Communicate to senior management pending changes in accounting rules and regulations which carry financial/operational implications and partner with them in providing solutions.
- Provide oversight for the development and implementation of accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, US GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Drive the accounting and financial reporting teams annual SOX compliance process.
- Serve as the principal liaison with the Company’s external auditors to ensure smooth annual and quarterly financial statements.
- Set appropriate standards for quality and efficiency of the financial reporting process to the CAO and CFO.
- Participate in and support any M&A due diligence and integrations.
- Establish, document, and implement the Company’s views on technical accounting matters.
- Lead the quarterly financial reporting process, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all required reporting obligations.
- Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations.
- Prepare, manage, and present monthly reports to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the calculation of stock-based compensation.
- Lead, develop, and mentor the accounting and financial reporting team.
- Be a strong trusted partner to the CAO, the senior executive team, the Board and contribute across strategy and day to day operations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting is required, with a strong preference for a CPA and advanced degree.
- Minimum of 15 years accounting and controls experience in a public company or public accounting environment with heavy international experience.
- Demonstrated and sound knowledge of consolidations, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, and US GAAP and IFRS compliance.
- Strong history of focus on disciplined legal entity accounting, including mergers and acquisitions, transactions, and intercompany transactions.
- Well-developed negotiation skills and strong business management acumen.
- Keen ability to communicate and implement the strategic financial vision while effectively anticipating, driving, and managing through change.
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills to effectively delegate and develop results-focused teammates in the accounting department on an ongoing basis.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.