VP of Finance
Newly created Finance Leadership role to partner with visionary CEO in orchestrating aggressive plans for growth.
The VP of Finance serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and is a newly created position to provide a finance partner to the CEO and Leadership. Primary responsibilities include; developing and overseeing the finance/accounting team, to support strategic planning and business development, financial management and reporting to stakeholders, implementing systems and procedures to allow for growth, treasury and cash flow management, risk management, and to provide decision-making information required to maximize value creation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Complete oversight of Company’s financial performance:
- Actively monitors all financial results and owns development and publishing of monthly reporting package.
- Providing insights and guidance to leadership team and stakeholders.
- Owns and optimizes all company Financial Processes:
- Monthly accounting close
- Forecast/Budgeting processes
- Develops tools, processes, guidelines to ensure financial discipline
- Owns the development and maintenance of effective external relationships with 3rd party service providers, including; banks, outside auditors, insurance and benefits service providers, and consultants.
- Directly supports the CEO in relationships with shareholders and investors.
- Leads the evaluation and due diligence of external acquisition targets.
- Treasury and cash flow management to ensure appropriate capital funding requirements to maximize value creation.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, provide strategic value by exploring and presenting options to complex business situations.
- Direct the development of resources and technology to ensure strong financial management.
- Develop IT and operational systems strategy which supports business being conducted smarter, faster and more efficiently; manage internal and external resources required to implement strategy.
- Act as the organizations Privacy Officer working with senior leadership to develop, implement and maintain privacy policies and practices.
- Direct all activities related to legal contracts and disputes; manage Company’s Intellectual Property to promote value of its brands.
- Manage all office and equipment related activities.
- To ensure the Company has been appropriately insured for risk.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A relevant undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Advanced degree and/or certification with an MBA or CPA strongly preferred.
- Proficient spreadsheet/data modeling skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks and building financial models and presentations.
- Relevant work history to include a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in leading finance organizations.
- Strong preference for work experience with Private Equity, investment banking, high net worth Family Office, and/or raising capital.