The VP of Finance serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team and is a newly created position to provide a finance partner to the CEO and Leadership. Primary responsibilities include; developing and overseeing the finance/accounting team, to support strategic planning and business development, financial management and reporting to stakeholders, implementing systems and procedures to allow for growth, treasury and cash flow management, risk management, and to provide decision-making information required to maximize value creation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Complete oversight of Company’s financial performance:
- Actively monitors all financial results and owns development and publishing of monthly reporting package.
- Providing insights and guidance to leadership team and stakeholders.
- Owns and optimizes all company Financial Processes:
- Monthly accounting close
- Forecast/Budgeting processes
- Develops tools, processes, guidelines to ensure financial discipline
- Owns the development and maintenance of effective external relationships with 3rd party service providers, including; banks, outside auditors, insurance and benefits service providers, and consultants.
- Directly supports the CEO in relationships with shareholders and investors.
- Leads the evaluation and due diligence of external acquisition targets.
- Treasury and cash flow management to ensure appropriate capital funding requirements to maximize value creation.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, provide strategic value by exploring and presenting options to complex business situations.
- Direct the development of resources and technology to ensure strong financial management.
- Develop IT and operational systems strategy which supports business being conducted smarter, faster and more efficiently; manage internal and external resources required to implement strategy.
- Act as the organizations Privacy Officer working with senior leadership to develop, implement and maintain privacy policies and practices.
- Direct all activities related to legal contracts and disputes; manage Company’s Intellectual Property to promote value of its brands.
- Manage all office and equipment related activities.
- To ensure the Company has been appropriately insured for risk.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A relevant undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Advanced degree and/or certification with an MBA or CPA strongly preferred.
- Proficient spreadsheet/data modeling skills.
- Experience with SAP and building financial models and presentations.
- Relevant work history to include a minimum of 15 years progressive experience in leading finance organizations.
- Strong preference for work experience with Manufacturing and leading international teams.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.