The Vice President of HR/LR is responsible for participating in the development of policies, providing direction to the organization.
The Vice President of HR/LR is responsible for providing overall direction and service for all human resource and labor relations programs including: recruitment and staffing; performance management and improvement systems; compliance with regulatory concerns; employee orientation and development; policy development; employee/labor relations; compensation and benefits; employee safety, and employee services.
The Vice President of HR/LR ensures that programs and policies are value-added, consistent with the strategic direction and provide the quality of work-life necessary to meet the organization’s long-range objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Division’s strategic plan in alignment with the enterprise strategic plan.
- Participate in formulating and recommending organization-wide policies and programs.
- Direct the development and implementation of programs to ensure the effective utilization of human resources throughout the organization.
- Coordinate all human resource and labor relations activities in a manner that fosters cooperation through an HR/LR team approach.
- Collaborate with all division and department heads to ensure comprehensive program coordination and communication.
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of employee records and information.
- Provide excellent customer service and promote effective working relationships with employees and members of the general public.
- Plan, direct, and supervise human resource and labor relations staff.
- Diversity/EEO: Responsible for coordinating the overall direction and implementation of diversity programs including recruitment, affirmative action plan development, complaint investigations, diversity awareness programs, contract compliance, disadvantaged business enterprise programs, and targeted group business.
- Employee Relations: Responsible for strategic workforce analysis, planning and coordinating the overall direction and implementation of employee relations programs. This includes job analysis and evaluation, classification, promotions and transfers, wage and salary administration, executive compensation, leave administration, workers’ compensation return to work, drug testing, pre-retirement counseling and planning, personnel records, human resource information systems, human resource planning, discipline and grievance administration, exit interviews, overall employee relations and investigations. The Vice President is responsible for the design, implementation and management of employee relations policies and practices necessary to establish a favorable employee relationship and a customer service orientation. The Vice President is responsible for establishing and maintaining the overall compensation structure.
- Employee Development & Engagement: Responsible for coordinating the overall direction and implementation of employee development programs including new employee orientation, leadership development and organization-wide management and supervisory training, performance management, employee engagement, non-department-specific skills training, tuition reimbursement, resource library, group facilitation for change management and continuous improvement.
- Labor Relations: The Vice President of HR/LR is responsible for overall labor relations practices and policies including: the negotiations of collective bargaining agreements, administration of collective bargaining agreements, administration of grievance procedures, and managing employee issues.
- Recruitment and Staffing: Responsible for providing overall directions and leadership in identifying and attracting highly-qualified candidates for employment, assessing their knowledge, skills and abilities, and making decisions on who to hire.
- Other: Responsible for supervision of the Front Desk of the Minneapolis & St. Paul Airports Commission’s General Office. Ensures that managers and supervisors are assisted and coached in staff development and performance improvement plans.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong executive presence to partner with senior level executives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience with effective presentations to large groups.
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative work style, excellent relationship-building skills, sets good leadership examples, cultivates these attributes in others, effectively manages conflict, demonstrates courage under pressure to act decisively but not unilaterally, instead seeking consensus of executive leadership on sensitive issues.
- Ability to lead change, and model new behaviors to drive desired business outcomes.
- Excellent consulting /coaching skills.
- Established in a professional HR Leadership network.
- Naturally demands excellence, sets performance criteria and holds people accountable.
- Experience in leading or managing several of the HR/LR’s major program responsibilities: Diversity/EEO, Employee Relations, Human Resources Development, Strategic Planning, Labor Relations and Recruitment and Staffing.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, State of Minnesota, and local laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Education Administration, Human Resource Development or another related field and at least ten years of progressively greater responsibility for human resource and labor relations leadership in an organization of medium to large size and complexity.
- Experience leading in a government/public sector organization.
About Versique:Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.