VP of Total Rewards
Join a fast growing company as a key member of the leadership team. The VP of Total Rewards will be a key member of the People team and will work closely with the Senior Vice President of People, the Executive team and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. This person will lead global compensation and equity programs, which are core to our employee value proposition, as well as enable us to attract and retain our highly talented workforce. This high growth/fast paced tech company is located in Minnesota, but this role is 100% remote!
Job DescriptionLocation is open - this role will be 100% Remote
The VP of Total Rewards will be a key member of the People team and will work closely with the Senior Vice President of People, the Executive team and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. This person will lead our global compensation and equity programs, which are core to our employee value proposition, as well as enable us to attract and retain our highly talented workforce.
- Build and oversee the Total Rewards Division, comprised of managing the Compensation, Benefits and HR Systems and Analytics teams.
- Play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings along with SVP of People, and CEO to drive annual recommendations for executive compensation, equity programs and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- Drive the transition of company compensation practices from private to public in preparation for IPO.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of the global Total Rewards Programs in line with the business needs, culture, and values to include philosophy, benefits enhancements, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets and equity analysis, HR system analysis.
- Review proposed compensation adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Strategize enhancements to the current benefits portfolio and provide recommendations
- Maintain and update compensation bands and leveling, through competitive market analysis
- Provide analytical insights and compensation guidance to business leaders and Talent and People partners
- Ensure that program objectives are effectively communicated enterprise wide and understood through a variety of education and communication methods
- Provide support and analysis during M&A activity
- 10+ years of experience leading within Total Rewards Programs
- Experience specializing in compensation leadership and program administration in public and private software technology companies.
- Outstanding customer service skills coupled with the proven ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization including cross functional senior leaders and the CEO
- Outstanding attention to detail, high level of accuracy in written work and analysis and the ability to exercise good judgement
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities, as a hands-on approach is required
- Must be very comfortable and thrive with ambiguity while building out strategies, systems and processes.
- Impeccable communication skills; able to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner, deftly answer challenging compensation questions, and connect with a variety of audiences from our Board members to our employees
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related disciplines required.
- CCP and CEP certifications preferred
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.