Our client is a privately held manufacturer and distributor of a wide range of custom products. For over 25 years they have been offering specialized solutions to solve difficult challenges for their OEM customers in a wide variety of Industries. Their customers are at the heart of everything they do. This client company started with the goal of collaborating with their customers to make their customer’s products better. From top to bottom, everyone goes to great lengths to deliver on this commitment. If you are looking for a small manufacturer where you can have an impact on the processes and the team of people, not to mention business growth and customer success, this is a great opportunity!
The Director of Manufacturing Operations provides overall leadership and guidance. This values-based leader will need to be an agent of change in a rapidly growing operation. The Director will lead the company’s manufacturing operations as our client seeks to provide more competitive products with world-class quality and service markets and customers. Leadership responsibilities will include directing Production, Materials Management, Shipping & Warehousing, Maintenance, Facilities Management, EH&S, and Operational Excellence initiatives to achieve company objectives. This position will collaborate on strategies, set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure department objectives and operation requirements are met. Accomplishing these objectives will require the implementation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes as well as the development of a highly efficient and effective organization. This role will report to the President and owner and will be responsible for creating a world class manufacturing organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, and continually improve company’s strategic operating plan to support rapid growth as well as ensuring a clear path to achieve long-term goals and objectives.
- Drive change in the organization, functioning as a catalyst for the organization to embrace and implement proven and emerging strategies to drive speed, quality, safety, reliability, and employee satisfaction.
- Drive Operational Excellence best practices, such as daily management, processes & metrics, standard work, lean, perfect execution, project management, RCCM (Root Cause Counter Measure), 5S workplace organization, and effective problem-solving.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, finance, and HR to deliver a best-in-class customer and employee experience.
- Lead team of Production and Facilities, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Safety professionals.
- Lead a multi-shift operation to meet production goals and customer delivery requirements.
- Provide operational oversight, including capacity planning, personnel, company asset management/utilization, and collaboration with executive leadership to ensure continuous quality, service, and profitability improvement.
- Advance safety culture to achieve best in class safety performance.
- Work with team to build and complete cross-training and development plans that are robust and improve the capability of the team and improve flexibility in operations.
- Lead quality team in the development of processes to ensure the company connects customer concerns to improvements in processes and design. Solve problems that arise and communicate effectively with teams to ensure customer demands are met and the total cost of quality managed.
- Develop individuals, teams, and the future leaders of the organization by serving as a role model, leader, and champion of a positive work environment where others become naturally driven to excel. Ensure company growth is supported by deep bench strength as well as teams of cross functional members.
What is needed to be successful in this position:
- Promote a sense of urgency and establish and enforce individual accountability in the team.
- See the big picture, constantly imagining future scenarios, and creating strategies to sustain competitive advantage while maintaining a hands-on approach.
- Tackle difficult issues with optimism and confidence.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Operations
- A minimum of five years senior manufacturing management experience managing multiple departments and leading high performing teams required. Over ten years of experience in manufacturing, quality, program management or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive track record driving continuous operational improvement leveraging Lean Six Sigma, 5S, and Value Chain Mapping, Standard Work Processes, Root Cause Corrective Actions, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in real-world business situations or applications coupled with the ability to inspire and train others.
- Experience overseeing Health and Safety program in compliance with OSHA, preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and track record of influencing others toward implementing key tools and strategies while developing competencies in a complex and diverse environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Masters’ degree or MBA, preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, preferred.
- No relocation for this position, located in the NE Minneapolis Metro.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.