Are you a SALES minded Operations leader? This role is for people who love to build and develop people and processes. Can you work in ambiguity and love to be challenged. This is for you!
We are currently seeking a VP, Operations to help lead our client's dynamic and fast-paced team. This leader will report directly to the President & CEO, and oversee our capabilities in supply chain, customer service, and COGs management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Customer Fulfillment: Delivering product reliably to our customers (i.e., retail partners) and consumers via our direct channel is critical to maintaining growth and beating our competitors. The VP, Operations will oversee the Customer Fulfillment (CF) Team, which supports order fulfillment across brick & mortar and ecommerce channels. Regular cross-functional coordination with Sales and Finance & Accounting is key in this role, as well as guiding the CF Team to flawlessly execute every day.
- Supply Chain Management: The VP, Operations will oversee the production, warehousing, purchasing, and management of 100s of SKUs and kits. S/he will partner with our numerous domestic manufacturing partners and component suppliers to bring our product to life. Required as part of these responsibilities are a keen focus on accurate demand planning, purchasing, process development, and process improvement. We have limited resources, and the VP, Operations will need to be trail-blazing to improve how we deliver product reliably and more efficiently.
- COGs Management: Company has grown quickly in the past few years with a sharp focus on distribution, marketing, and product innovation. There are many opportunities to optimize our product, warehousing, and freight costs, and the VP Operations will be responsible for tackling these opportunities. There are numerous opportunities to optimize expenses and expand margins, and the VP, Operations will be responsible for achieving quantifiable margin goals.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: The Operations functions are key to supporting other disciplines (e.g., Sales, Marketing, PD&D) in the company, and ensuring strong execution. The role requires a leader who can communicate effectively with other leaders, build strong relationships with stakeholders, and takes a growth-oriented approach to improving and implementing processes. Of particular importance is closely coordinating with the PD&D team on the product innovation pipeline. Creative development of meaningful innovation is material only if we can deliver effectively in the market, and this leader will be responsible for flawlessly executing innovation launches.
It should be noted that the VP, Operations, will work closely with the CEO to routinely evaluate the company’s capabilities and organizational design – and, as a result, the VP, Operations will be responsible for building new capabilities in future years. Establishing a product oversight and quality function, as one example, will be a relatively near-term capability that the VP, Operations will build.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in supply chain management, inventory management, customer fulfillment/service at a consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies.
- A builder of strong teams. The ideal candidate has experience leading teams (5+), setting agendas, coaching and developing others, managing competing priorities, and instilling sound process where necessary to drive efficiency. S/he must also build strong relationships with our business partners critical to the business.
- A growth-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset. Not only does the ideal candidate have good creative instincts, but s/he must also have the passion to work in a rapidly-changing environment and continually bring new thinking to bear so that we may continually outpace our competition.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.job 39611