The Vice President of Sales oversees the daily sales activity, meets with major clients, draws up sales reports, designs new and more effective sales strategies, and works to market and promote company products and services.
Roles and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to
- Leads the sales team and directs the team into meeting and exceeding sales revenues, sales profitability and budgetary objectives
- Meets with existing clients to discuss a company’s products and services
- Represent products and accounts, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Coordinate with the Managing Partner to ensure weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas are being achieved through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics; performing market research and regular competitor monitoring
- Generate leads and build relationships by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
- Develop and implement account action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Resiliency and flexibility
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Successful and productive while working autonomously
- BS or BA 4-year degree preferred
- Experience at large Retailer, Manufacturer, or Sales Marketing Firm
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to travel as needed
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.