Our client is a worldwide leading manufacturer that is continuing to grow its presence in the US market. They are in a niche vehicle market with a proven product presence. Working for this client will represent an opportunity to contribute to a smaller, growing company that is an active competitor in the market! No better time to join! The person in this position needs leadership acumen.
Job Description: Warranty Engineering Lead
This position is accountable for supporting the Technical and Engineering operations and will be a key technical representative of the company to dealer base and to our factory in Asia; will handle escalated service issues, report on warranty assist with training & development of the technical team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for warranty analysis to identify, solve and elliminate service issues.
- Creates reports for overseas manufacturing team and aids in the solution of product related engineering and quality issues
- Assists in the development of warranty claim filing guidelines and approvals
- Troubleshoots as necessary with the technical teams and defines technical resolutions
- Analyses reported problems and develops and tests solutions
- Responsible for ensuring product quality and improvements as needed
- Partners with Sales team to ensure dealers are serviced as needed
- Travels to consumer events as required
- Works with Technical Writer to present detailed service bulletins, product plans, specifications, roadmaps
- Provides oversight and mentorship to technical service team – Informal leadership
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service, professionalism and projecting a positive image of company products
- Responsible for operating within standard operating procedures and following all Company Health & Safety guidelines
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment
- Leadership responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, BSME
- 3-5 years’ previous experience in similar warranty role within Automotive, Construction, Power Tools, Lawn & Garden or Power sports (or similar industry)
- Knowledge of principles of engineering and engineering design experience.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude and knowledge of assembly processes
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate and bridge the communications gap between the engineering team, service technicians, management team, and dealers, interfacing with each.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and proficient with Word and Outlook
- High level negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Strong customer focus and service orientation with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels in a cross cultural environment
- Able to manage/lead. Informal leadership role on Service Operations team
- Directing work of Technical Service Reps
- “right hand” to Manager of Service Operations
Please include your resume with your application. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN area, no relocation is allocated.