Avoid the Summer Slump: 4 Ways to Advance Your Career This Summer
Be honest, how tempted are you to turn on your mental cruise control at work during the summer? We’ve all been guilty of falling into that “summer slump,” even when it’s evident that the hardest workers tend to get the furthest.
It’s important to keep your wheels spinning, even when sunny skies are calling your name. Here’s a few tips on how to keep yourself moving forward professionally this summer.
1. Reach out to personal connections.
Everyone enjoys a networking chat over coffee; just make sure your goals are clear. Help them help you. And vice versa.
2. Attend industry networking events.
It’s time to take that leap and start meeting people in your industry.
3. Research, research, research.
Narrow down some interesting companies and find connections you’d like to foster!
4. Email strangers (Yes, strangers!)
Just make sure you do it the right way.*
*To find out more about how to use these tips to get out of your summer slump and keep your career moving forward, read the rest of this blog, originally published on the University of St. Thomas’ Opus Magnum blog.
Other Posts by the Author
- What’s the Job Market Like Right Now in Minnesota? (WCCO Interview)
- Versique Search and Consulting Named a Star Tribune Top 175 Workplace in 2021
- Heading Back to the Workplace? Advice for Both Employers & Employees – KARE11