Versique’s Fourth Annual Dress For Success Clothing Drive Results
May 15, 2015 – Versique hosted its fourth annual Dress for Success Twin Cities clothing drive and happy hour last week, and the results are in! More than 160 people attended the event, and even more individuals dropped of clothing donations prior to the final drop-off happy hour, which was held on Thursday, May 7th.
Guests generously donated 90+ bags and seven full clothing racks of professional women’s attire, as well as nearly $4,000 through donation activities including a wine wall, raffle, silent auction, and live auction.
“We are so grateful to organizations that partner with us to host clothing drives and Versique does an exceptional job. And on top of that to receive nearly $4,000 from friends of Versique really has impact,” shared DFS Twin Cities Executive Director Jeri Quest. “It costs us $350 to put one woman through one of our programs. So $4,000 means about twelve more women can participate in Dress for Success’ life changing programs. That truly makes a difference!”
To learn more about Versique’s partnership with Dress for Success Twin Cities, watch the interviews below.
View photos from the event on Versique’s Facebook page.
- Guests: 160+ people attended
- Clothing Donations: 90+ bags and 7 full clothing racks
- Financial Donations: Nearly $4,000 raised
- Tim Mahoney live auctioned a signed guitar, drawing in more than $700.
- Silent auction and raffle prizes included: Juut Salon and spa gift card and gift basket, 10-person chef-made private dinner, Pyrex kitchen gift set, 4 – 18 hole rounds at Island View Golf Course, a wine lovers gift basket, and more.
- A variety of individuals held their own clothing drives with friends and co-workers, and brought large amounts of clothing donations to Versique’s celebratory happy hour.
About Dress for Success:
Dress for Success is an international non-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to more than 130 cities in 16 countries. Dress for Success Twin Cities was established in January 2010 and since then has helped more than 2,500 women. Visit the Dress for Success Twin Cities website to learn more.
Other Posts by the Author
- Versique Search & Consulting Hires Jenna Estlick as Managing Director of Client Partnerships
- High Demand Jobs of 2021 & Beyond – KSTP Interview
- Versique Search & Consulting Promotes Chris Dardis to President of Consulting Services