What’s Trending In HR Consulting, Right Now!
I have greatly enjoyed my 5 years in HR Consulting at Versique. I have noted before how fascinating HR trends are to watch and to explore what our clients’ needs are – consistent and fresh. 2019 has proven to be a mix of Talent Acquisition, Instructional Designers and Total Rewards projects.
All things Talent Acquisition have been consistently hot. With slight differences being sought after by clients, each year:
• 2014: Companies were looking for specific Recruiters to help with the growing job expansion.
• 2015: Clients were looking for someone who could come in to help identify candidates and keep them warm – In our current market, there is barely time to entertain keeping candidates warm while companies compare and expedite talent.
• 2016 – 17: Increasing IT, Sales and Manufacturing recruitment efforts – Last year, we saw more clients looking for TA leaders with creative ideas of how to help refocus and redesign recruitment efforts, expanding Social Media and ways to reach candidates.
• 2018 – 19: Our candidate market is becoming increasingly competitive. Candidates are taking jobs for very personal reasons, versus just a money move. Clients have been seeking TA help in all shapes and sizes: sourcers, implementation consultants to help with new technologies, industry-specific Recruiters (example: IT Recruiter) and consultants who can help reach candidates in creative ways.
This month alone, we’ve seen a specific demand for HR Generalist who can Recruit, or a Recruiter who could handle Generalist projects. This is a creative approach, however, this is like asking for an elephant to tightrope with all due respect.
I think that this skill set “happened” over the past few years, as we have seen the trifecta of a strong economy, solid job growth and an active candidate market. However, in our current incredibly fast-moving candidate-market, companies really need an expert in each area of Human Capital. Where we appreciate pinch hitters and cross-functional teams, this market demands a dedicated Talent Acquisition team or professional – as Generalist work does as well.
As we help clients evaluate their needs, in the spirit of being a trusted partner, we suggest getting a strong Recruiter to recruit and a great HR Generalist to do what they do best!
Find the Best Talent Today
Versique can kick-start your talent search and present you with the best talent in a timely manner so you can maximize your opportunity to hire the top talent.
Other Posts by the Author
- Competency Management In The Workplace
- 4 Keys to Managing a Diverse Workplace
- If We All Give A Little, We Can Change A Lot
Leave a Reply