Chris Ohlendorf Shares Career Search Tips (KSTP-TV Interview)
Versique’s co-founder, Chris Ohlendorf, was recently interviewed by KSTP-TV Channel 5 to discuss tips on how to land a new job. He shared the importance of having a strong online personal brand that lines up with your career goals. To learn how to align your online brand with the career you’re looking for, click here or on the video below. Additionally, below the video, you will find tips on how to use a career plan to launch your career into success!
Do You Have a Career Plan?
Even those who know precisely what they want to accomplish in their career can have a challenging time with big changes. What about people who don’t know exactly what they want to accomplish in their career? Sometimes making a move can be a daunting task. You leave familiarity for a new opportunity that you’re hoping is a better fit. Often times it is! And even in that case, there are still changes to get used to, such as new systems, new peers, and new management styles.
The best way to make sure your transition is as smooth as possible is to have a career plan. In an article titled, “Do You Have a Career Plan?” Chris outlines what you can do to be prepared for a career change. One of the tips includes turning off your phone and writing down all of the skills you really enjoy and want to be included in your day-to-day role. It sounds simple, and it is, but how often do we take the time to slow down enough to process what we genuinely like and dislike about our current (or past) role? Click here to learn more about how to prepare for a successful career change!
Additional career-related blogs written by Chris include:
- How to Work a Room and Make Networking Purposeful
- Are LinkedIn Recommendations and Endorsements Worthwhile?
- The Power of Continuous Education
- 5 Things You Have to Do to Get the Corner Office
- A Guild for the Overworked and Underappreciated
- Do You Take Time to Celebrate?
Other Posts by the Author
- Does Your Office Space Really Matter?
- How to Use Your Leadership Position for Good
- After 20 Years in Staffing, Here’s How Inbound Marketing Changed the Industry
Leave a Reply